After six months of living in London there are still things that make us shake our head in wonder... one of these is British commercials. Every commercial break is a new adventure, from comedy to confusion and silly to stupid, you can experience it all during those three minutes. We decided to share a little taste of what we see everyday... commercials that are different than what one might see in the US. I hope you have a little bit of time you can sit back turn up the volume and imagine yourself sitting in our flat in London.
First here are a couple of the ones that Susan and I really like:
You'd never know what this commercial is advertising until the very end, but that is what is so brilliant!
Gorilla
... same with this one and probably one of the funniest commercials ever!
Kids
Here are a couple that really show some British humor, which I also find hilarious:
Babybel baby cheese (Susan always makes me stop singing the song after the commercial is over)
Babybel Cheese
I don't know why but I think this is my favorite...
Tic Tac Golf
Then you get some that are just annoying, like this one which Susan and I believe is the Brit's attempt at the Geico Gecko
Compare the Meerkat
The Brits are also amazingly blunt which I think is really cool, they don't beat around the bush in many important areas.
Kill Your Speed
There are a few other blunt commercials that came to mind, but one I couldn't find on YouTube and the other I just didn't feel comfortable posting on our Blog.
Well anyway, I hope you enjoyed this taste of British culture. There are so many more (many of which just make us shake our heads) that you'll have to experience if you come visit us! Also, I'm very curious as to what you all think of them... leave a comment with which one is your favorite and any other reactions!
3 comments:
Hello!
I like this post. The commercials were all pretty good but my favorites were the Gorilla and the Golf one!
The little kids one with the eye brows creeped me out a little bit...gross!
Hope you guys have a great rest of the week.
Joey
I loved the kids with the eyebrows
Love,
Dad/Doug
I am just catching up on your blogs. Those kids and the eyebrows were something. I like some British humor but some of those were pretty lame. Love you mom
Post a Comment