An apple a day is suppose to keep the doctor away but apparently not the orthodontist! Last night I was eating an apple before bed and all of a sudden, one of the sides of my permanent retainer broke off! The other side was pretty well attached so I couldn't just pull it off completely and would have to make a trip to the orthodontist. This morning, Pat called a bunch of different orthodontists in the area and luckily one of them had a cancellation and could get me in this afternoon!
We were off to Regents Place to see the orthodontist whose name was Alex Redhead (and yes, he was a red head)! This made me chuckle after reading Pillars of the Earth (which by the way is a very good book if those who are reading the blog have not read it) and individual's Family names being named after their occupation or in Alex Redhead family's case, the color of their hair!
Anyways, I got the retainer removed and the glue sanded off and actually got fitted for a removable retainer to wear at night. Dr. Redhead also commented on what a wonderful job my orthodontist did and asked if I went to a famous orthodontist back in the States. I told him no and that I just went to the local orthodontist. Now, I just have to deal with my new insurance and trying to get reimbursed for my little visit!!
1 comment:
Oh no...what anintroduction to London. Siunds like you have everything under control. Give us a webcall tomorrow so we can test out our new webcam. I pinged your Skype account.
Post a Comment