25.9.08

Holiday!

Not much has been going on this week so far. I had training Tuesday through today. It was nice to get to meet a bunch of my coworkers in my group and see where I'll be working for the next two years! I finally have my own space at work. I can't technically call it a cube because there aren't any walls but the desk is mine!

Pat has been spending the days at our new flat putting together furniture, cleaning and getting our utilities lined up. We are moving most of our stuff to our new flat tomorrow morning since I have the day off again for my last "settling in" day. And our shipment from the States is coming in so we'll be spending most of tomorrow unpacking! We won't have internet for a few days though so don't worry if you don't see a post from us for a few days! After we get internet at the new place, we'll make sure to post pictures of our new place!

On another note, next week I'm going to Geneva, Switzerland for training and Pat is going to join me at the end of the week. We're going to stay the weekend in Geneva along with a few of my coworkers! We also just booked a weekend trip to Rome for early November too! If you have any suggestions for things to do in or around Geneva or Rome, let us know!

We are so glad you all are reading (and enjoying) our blog! Soon, we'll set up a link to another site where we'll post more pictures but I'm having some issues with it at the moment! Let us know if there is anything specific you want to hear about or if you have any questions! We appreciate all the comments and emails!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! First London, now Geneva and Rome. That's awesome. I hope you enjoy your "holidays"! Can't wait to see some pictures of your adventures! See you soon! ;).

Jeannie and Doug Corcoran said...

Hi Susan & Pat, Sounds like there are no dull moments in your lives right now. We'll look forward to hearing from you when you get the new internet connection. The trips sound awesome. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi guys...looks like things are still going well.

Susan, i can already hear a slight accent in your voice, cute!

Have a great weekend!!!

Joey

PS Brad and I are going to have a puppy playtime with Roxy and Lady this weekend. I'll send pics...

Bob and Cindy said...

Hi Susan and Patrick!
Jennifer just put your blog under "our favorites" so we can follow your adventures! Glad you were able to find a flat you love since it will be "home" for a while! We had a wonderful trip and when we were in Rome, we did a walking tour with a company that Rick Steve's recommends. You might contact them for your November trip. Go to office@througheternity.com
We had Ian who was wonderful but I'm sure they are all good.
Keep up the great job of communicating with all of us back home!
Love from Bob and CIndy

Chris and Julie said...

Susan and Pat,

We like your blog and it sounds like you have some very exciting adventures ahead! Can't wait to hear more about it:) And it's nice to see all the European updates! Enjoy one of your first weekends over there!! Take care, Chris and Julie

Lori Ritchie said...

Hi Pat and Susan....thanks for sharing all your adventures with us, I think I have learned more from your blog than my years in high school!
Love, Lori Ritchie

Unknown said...

wow a trip already...you just got there! I hope you have found some time to explore and have lots of fun...we want to see LOTS of pictures. Lady misses you a lot!

Jeannie and Doug Corcoran said...

We are anxious to see your apt pics. Glad your internet will be there next week.

Anonymous said...

You guys are too cool. Thanks for the posts, its fun to hear what you've been up to. Good luck with everything and we'll hear from you soon.

P.S. this is nate, i don't have an account yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate,

Since those crazy british people write the date with the day first, month second, and year last, your post looks like it was made on your birthday.

Maybe that's not important, but i thought it was neat.

oh, and you can sign your name by choosing the "Name/URL" option and typing in whatever you want.