16.9.08

Here and There

We have had a busy last couple of days! On Sunday, we decided to go check out a few areas of London that we were going to look at flats in so after sleeping in, we headed out on the tube to Notting Hill. Pat and I got out at Notting Hill Gate and just started walking. We wanted to get a feel for the area and see if there was enough restaurants, bars and shopping to keep us busy and to really get the "London" experience:) We ended up walking around for an hour or so, enjoying the lovely homes and a few beautiful churches before ending up on Westbourne Grove, where low and behold, we came upon Jigsaw! As my mom may recall, Jigsaw was my new favorite store that I discovered in Beverly Hills last spring on vacation and I had been waiting to get to Europe to be able to shop there some more! After some browsing of the store and Pat telling me I can't buy anything just yet, we left to grab lunch up the street at a small cafe.

After lunch, we ended up heading over to just north of Hyde park to walk around the Bayswater area to get a feel for that area, too. We happened upon some of the quintessential London phone booths. We went for a walk through Hyde park from there and checked out Speaker's Corner before heading back to the Tube station. On the way home, we decided to swing by where the London office are and then pick up some groceries for the next few days.

On Monday and Tuesday, I had to go to Experienced Hire Induction so Pat went exploring some more and set up some appointments with Letting Agents to tour some flats. We have the difficult task of finding a flat that allows dogs, has two bedrooms, is close to the tube and is in the area that we want so we're hoping we'll find it in the next few days!

Tuesday night we decided to explore some around Canary Wharf and went to dinner at a Pizzeria. As we were about to go in the restaurant, Pat stopped outside to read the menu on the window, then turned to walk in the door. He didn't realize that the glass door was not open and smacked straight into the door with his head! I think that this was the first time that I have ever seen him embarrassed. Needless to say, I was more hungry than embarrassed and went inside to eat anyway! Poor Pat is developing a small goose egg on his head though!

I have the next few days off though so we're going to go look at more flats. Hopefully we'll find our perfect place!

5 comments:

Jeannie and Doug Corcoran said...

Hi U2, it sounds like you are having a great time, except for the really clean windows. I've seen Pat embarassed before. Remind me and I will recount the experience.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! It's good to hear that you're doing well so far. You make all of your ventures seem so romantic in your writing, and thanks for keeping us up to date. Good luck flat hunting!

Anonymous said...

Romantic as in Pat running into a glass door?

Zizzle-Zot said...

Hooraayyy!!! Nice blog, keep up the good work. Best of luck with the "flat" hunting (you crazy Brits).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun so far. Good luck finding a place for me to stay at when i come and visit!

Keep up the blog, especially since the guy above me can't seem to get back on track.